- 8 Slices of bacon
- 1/4 c Brown sugar
- 1/4 c Finely chopped walnuts
- Zest of one orange or tangerine
- 1/2 tsp. Finely diced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking pan with foil, and add bacon, spacing them so they do not touch. Set timer for 15 minutes
- Finely dice walnuts with a knife or food processor. Add to brown sugar and mix.
- Zest orange into brown sugar and nut mix
- Finely mince fresh rosemary and add to brown sugar, nut and zest mix; set aside
- After 15 minutes of baking the bacon, transfer strips to a fresh plate and discard foil with grease.
- Carefully press brown sugar mix into bacon on both sides. Depending on how well the bacon is cooked (it should not be cooked all the way through) you may have to continue pressing the mixture so it sticks.
- Put a fresh piece of foil in the baking pan and return bacon into the oven until bubbly - approximately 10 more minutes
- Carefully transfer cooked bacon to a plate, and once cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.